Rockethead – Submarine Gypsy Drama
The winning remix will be signed to Red Robot Records with 25% royalties & internationally distributed to all the major online music stores such as Beatport, Itunes, JunoDownload, Amazon etc along with the single release of the original track on 17th December 2012.
The winner will also receive a SoundCloud Premium Lite account for one year and a CloudKillers Pro account with 1500 bonus points.
Three runners-up will be signed to Red Robot Records with 25% royalties & internationally distributed on all the big online music stores like Beatport, Itunes, JunoDownload, Amazon etc along with the single release of the original track on 17th December 2012, each with a CloudKillers Pro account, one with 750 bonus points, one with 500 and one with 250.
– Open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are not presently signed to any record label or publisher under any exclusive agreements, which would prevent the artist of taking part in the contest.
– The Remixer may use any of the materials in the remix pack to build a track.
– The Remixer may remix, add, subtract, morph, rebuild and completely revise every part of the track.
– Remixer may add new lyrics under the condition that all intellectual rights to that new lyric is given, 100%, to Red Robot Records.
– Red Robot Records will review and decide to use the Remixer’s submission in whole, or in part, or not, at its discretion and the submissions become the property of Red Robot Records.
– All remixers whose arrangement, in whole or in part, is used in a final Red Robot Records product, whether in digital or physical form, will receive a credit on any physical product where their work is contained. This credit includes their name, their website, and short sentence (a bio line submitted by the remixer, a note on the portion of the final song they contributed.
– No Remixer, no matter the nature of their submission, will receive any intellectual property rights to any of the Red Robot Records. Submitting a remix constitutes agreement to transfer copyright to Red Robot Records.
– Remixes must be uploaded to the SoundCloud group by 0000h GMT on Friday 5th November 2012 with downloads disabled
– Winning remixers must supply a 16bit 44,1 khz wav file of their winning remix via a file transfer site (eg DropBox, SendSpace, YouSendIt, etc) by 0000h GMT on 19th November 2012 or be excluded from the scheduled release
Remix Contest Info
– The remix files can be downloaded from the bottom of the page
– Upload & submit your finished remixes to the SoundCloud group, ensuring downloads are disabled.
– Tracks must be titled “Rockethead – Submarine Gypsy Drama (remixer name Remix)”
– The winning remixes will be selected by the Red Robot Records Management & Rockethead & announced on 12th of November 2012
CloudKillers is a free to use ‘human to human’ site for producers to connect up and get heard. We bolt onto SoundCloud using their developer API to filter out spam comments and help get the production feedback for you latest music from a huge community.
The site rewards effort put in and is community driven to keep it a great place for all to use. We have moderators on site keeping the peace and watching the commenting for trolls etc…
The Prizes will enable you to get kick-started in the system:-
PRO ACCOUNT. This lets you run multiple tracks in the system, gets your music heard quicker by others – It’s yours for life.
POINTS. These are credits to get you heard. The system shows your music to people based on how many points you have (usually get these from commenting and random prizes on site)
1st Prize: PRO ACCOUNT + 1500 POINTS
2nd Prize: PRO ACCOUNT + 750 POINTS
3rd Prize: PRO ACCOUNT + 500 POINTS
4th Prize: PRO ACCOUNT + 250 POINTS
Downloading the remix stems constitutes acceptance of the rules as stated above.